Sunday, June 9, 2013

What's really coming out?

The first week of June is already gone....what?! The end of this school year was the busiest one I have ever gone through....and I'm so thankful it's over with. The Lord sent many trials my way that the only way I got through them were with His strength and grace alone. It was not me!!!! I finally got around to asking my doctor about vaccinations and stuff I'll need to get before I can go to Uganda and today I was supposed to call the traveling clinic...did I remember? Of course not. That's been my life lately. I am an organized person...but with the way this school year ended, I feel as if I've lost a little bit of my brain!

Psalm 34 has really become dear to me:

I will bless the Lord at all times;
    his praise shall continually be in my mouth. 
My soul makes its boast in the Lord;
    let the humble hear and be glad. 
Oh, magnify the Lord with me,
    and let us exalt his name together!

Everything that happens is for a reason - all things work for our good to make us more like Christ. Why then, when something doesn't go my way is my immediate reaction to complain or grumble? Sin, yes, I know....but how I wish that after how many years of being saved I would be over this stage. I've been noticing a lot lately when people complain....and not liking it. I have to keep asking myself, is that what I sound like? Am I turning others' hearts away from God? Oh man, heaven forbid!!! 

This Psalm almost became a mantra this past month and a half. I could tell when I wasn't meditating on it....my thoughts and words slipped back into the "old" me and my ways. Life isn't meant to be easy. If it was, then how would we grow closer to our ever loving God?! As a born again believer, I will suffer...whether at the hands of this world or at the hands of other Christians. It will happen. It's what I put into my heart and mind that will gauge my reactions to this suffering that is promised to come. 

As I finish my time here in Hawaii and look with great anticipation of going to Uganda, may this Psalm continue to be on my lips because I do want to bless the Lord at all times...having His praise come forth!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment