Saturday, June 1, 2013

To give or not to give....

Google image
So, it seems that there are several people who are trying to raise money for different reasons. I know some friends are trying to go to England and then Australia as missionaries. Another friend is going to Indonesia for close to a month. My dentist's office is raising money for children around the world. And then there's me. I too am trying to raise some money so I can head to Uganda and serve at Amani Baby Cottage. The question I'm posed with when someone has reached out to me and asked me to consider donating to them is to give or not to give financially. If God says give, who am I to say no.

I decided to give a little towards my friends going to England. I know God will provide my needs - in fact the money that I have in my bank account isn't actually mine, but His. Who am I to say that all of that is meant to be spent on me alone. I gave a little today and have received over 100% of that money back because a friend gave to my trip today. I stared at what she had placed in my hands and had no words. Tears immediately formed and I quickly breathed to try to get them to stop. I was so humbled that she would give so freely that amount. She knows me too well....as I was standing there not saying a word, she told me that she knew my immediate response was to give the money back to her. I had no words to that since it was absolutely true. I immediately thought of the now insignificant amount I had given earlier in the day and knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Lord blessed me above and beyond what I thought possible today. 

God loves a cheerful giver....I am looking forward to seeing how God works in my friends' lives in England and then eventually in Australia. If I can be a part of spreading the gospel to the unreached people, count me in!!! When you feel the Spirit leading you to give, don't say no. Do it - you may not be blessed monetarily, but you will be blessed indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment