Monday, May 20, 2013

I can pass the port!

I can officially go to Uganda...well almost. I'm one step closer that's for sure. My renewed passport came in the mail today. It's so stiff compared to my last one....I think it's time to do a little bit of traveling so it can get all limbered up! I am glad that it's a different picture...but if you're shown your picture and your forehead is all shiny, be warned, it shows up on the passport! I'd like to meet someone who is very pleased with their passport photo...or driver's license....or school photo.

Not much else to report for now. It's hard not to focus on the fact that so many people have seen my blog (over 600) as well as my fundraising page (over 500)....and yet I'm still $3,000+ away from my financial goal. I am so thankful for those who have willingly given. Someone made a comment to me that if you have to raise money people want something in return...they won't just give you their money. I didn't understand that because when I give to others I'm not expecting a return. Is my view skewed? I would just assume they would want the full amount, not a small percentage...even though I know they are thankful for that. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment