Sunday, April 7, 2013

I'll be leaving on a jet plane

The biggest hurtle was buying my tickets....which I did. I cannot believe that I got them at the same price as I paid to go to Guam! That just boggles my mind. I compare all plane ticket pricing to flying to Guam....and now laugh because everything seems to be less expensive. Ok, granted it's probably because it's 5 months away, but whatever. 

Once I got the ok from Amani, I really had no clue what to do next. I needed to get a plane ticket and send my itinerary to the orphanage in order to reserve my spot. Do I go through a travel agent or go through Orbitz or directly through the airline...whatever airline that might be. I was just kind of waiting around for something to happen....not knowing what would happen. When I went to Kenya, our group flew British Airways and the Lord directed me to their website. I had no desire to fly on 2 separate airlines. 

Source found here

When looking up prices I about fell off my chair when I realized that I could buy a round trip ticket to Uganda at almost the exact same price as a round ticket to Guam! I have a friend in London, and I really wanted to get out to see the city (even though I've already seen it, I was rather sick on that particular trip) and to see her since it's been well over 10 years since I last saw her. I have about a 10 hour layover and will be so thankful to get out and stretch my legs!

I leave on September 2 and fly back on December 1. I looked at flying back on a Saturday, but it was about $600 more than flying on Sunday. I was trying to find a good time for them to take me to the airport because I know it's not close. I leave the states in the evening and then leave Uganda at 1 a.m. Just really thankful that it's 1 a.m. and not something like 6 a.m. I think that would be worse to be honest.

I realize I have been rambling in this post. Well, welcome to my brain :) I've received $200 in donations....praise the Lord! Every little bit helps. If you would consider it, you can donate right here on this page via Paypal. No need to do it today. pray about it! If you can't give, please keep me in your prayers as I have many more things to do to prepare for this trip. Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment