Friday, August 2, 2013

Aloha Oahu


Today I said goodbye to my home for the past 3 years. I held an outpouring of tears back as I said goodbye to some incredibly precious friends. As I type this I can’t help but be overwhelmed by the goodness of God in putting these friends in my life just when I needed them the most. I’m also having a hard time not bawling my eyes out on the plane.

Wrapping up life wherever you are at can be very draining. I’ve moved many times in the past 10 years and it hasn’t gotten easier. I thought I would be ok with selling off most of my possessions that I had on Hawaii, but still ended up having to check in 2 bags plus have a roll carry-on (which, by the way, sort of lost some of the roller part to the wheels in the airport…am praying that it gets me to my mom’s place in Chi-town.). My goal was to pack the carry-on suitcase in one of the bigger suitcases, but I was 10 pounds over, so had to quickly unpack and repack at the last second.

I want to say a huge shout out to my church on Oahu – Central Oahu Bible Church. Thank you for your sweet fellowship over these past 3 years and for your generous love offering that you gave to me. I’m incredibly humbled that you would even want to do this…I still can’t believe it. Thank you doesn’t seem sufficient for your giving spirits. I wish I could come visit when I return from Uganda to give you an update – maybe one day. May God richly bless your ministry and your desire to put Him first in our ohana. Thank you Charles and Reina Hiers for following God’s call on your lives to take the pastorate position at this church. I look forward to hearing all that God does with you and your family!

To my friends at Hanalani Schools – thank you for loving me, even though I don’t deserve it. I could go on and on about how God has used each of you in my life to draw me closer to Him! Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Continue to desire to serve Him in whatever capacity He has you at right now and in the future.

Thank you to my family for supporting me through all my many transitions over the years. Living an ocean apart from you for so many years has left me with a deeper love for each one of you and a desire to see His handprint on your life. I can’t wait to see almost all of you in the month of August.

Now – it’s on to the next great adventure that God has allowed me to be apart of. Amani Baby Cottage – here I come!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment