Wednesday, August 7, 2013

What to do...what to do...

Found a bank today - absolutely free checking with no minimum requirement! That is a huge blessing. If you are traveling abroad anytime soon, there will be a 3% fee on your total amount when you use your debit card (possibly credit too, but since I don't have one, I don't need to know). If you use an ATM machine to withdraw, there will be a $5 fee on top of the fee to use the machine itself. Not too bad considering I won't be using an ATM frequently.

I somehow missed the fact that I only get to take one free bag of up to 50 lbs to Uganda. One extra bag is $60 and two extra bags would be $200. Trying to figure out what to do about that. Would like to take more bags for donations, so gotta work on figuring out what to take and what to buy there, then would try to figure out how to bring just 1 bag back since it's free. I know I can get stuff there, so I just might take the bare necessities.The only thing would be if I buy stuff (read trinkets) and want to bring it back, I would probably need another bag. Although I guess there's nothing wrong with leaving everything I took for them to use!

I am also trying to figure out what pieces of luggage to take. I have one suitcase that in of itself is already heavy, so I know I'm not taking that one. It's my largest one, so I'm a little sad about that. I might just go buy some sports-type bags to take donations in.

So many decisions are coming my way...what to do, what to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment