Sunday, August 4, 2013

What's up with August?


I’ve been asked what I’ll be doing for an entire month off. First on my list of things to do is sleep. I haven’t been sleeping well with all the transitions and want to make sure I’m as rested as I can be physically and emotionally for the work God has in store for me.

I’m going to spend time with my family. Besides my sister and 2 nieces it’s been almost 1 ½ years since I’ve seen them. Unfortunately I don’t think I’ll see my brother who lives in North Carolina. Hopefully we’ll be reunited in December at some point.

I plan on spending time alone with my great God and Savior and taking a serious look at my life. As you all know, I don’t have any idea what I’ll be doing when I come back from Uganda in December. I want to make sure that I’m in a position to be able to hear Him speak to me – whether it’s something I need to change right now or telling me an idea of what I’ll do when I get back. Times like these don’t come around very often. I know it will be a struggle for me not to go into complete veg out mode and create a structure that centers on just me.

I plan on reading Follow Me by David Platt. 2 years ago I read his first book Radical. That book left me wanting to be completely open to whatever/wherever God wanted me to do/go. I look forward to how God will use Platt’s next book in my life. I just want to be open to the leading of the Spirit!

But, first off, I plan on spending time with friends in Phoenix. As you read this I’ll be wrapping my visit up…but as I type this I’m on the plane taking me to them. Here’s to a great month that will fly by in the blink of an eye!

No comments:

Post a Comment