Sunday, November 17, 2013

Week 10 Recap

10 1/2 weeks down, only 2 left. I never thought I'd make it this far. I really didn't think about the fact that I would literally watch these babies grow up in front of my eyes. It has been such an awesome thing for me to see. Teeth make such a difference in a young one's smile! One of the girls went from having 2 teeth to 8 in just 2 1/2 months!
They immediately came over to me...yeah, it's a great feeling!
Jumping to the music...Christmas music that is!
Since there are 12 babies, the volunteers have been rotating shifts on Saturday and Sunday every week. This week it was my turn in the nursery on Sunday morning. I had such a great time. Took my laptop down, blared some music and just had a ball with kiddos. I went down and sat by myself and the next thing I know, I had 3 girls on my lap. Then at least 3 more babies crawled over and we were having a party! I use to hate working in the nursery at church - one hour? One and a half hour? No big deal now! Bring it on!!! Ok - actually I just wouldn't mind working with the infants for that long anymore :)

This growth by the name of Frank was attached to me for quite a while that day.
One major highlight was getting to go for one night to Wildwaters Lodge. It was on an island in the middle of the Nile and we were the only ones on the island for all of Friday afternoon and night. Our bungalow was right next to the rapids and it was so loud - it was so majestic! We were very shocked at how nice the place was...feeling very undeserving for the Lord allowing us to even go.
One of the many views at the Lodge.
Found out when we got back on Saturday that we gained two more babies - we now have 62 kids at Amani - we are bursting at the seams. Two of our girls moved from the nursery into the girls' cottage to make room. Zion is 3 weeks old and Baboo is 6 months old. I'm looking forward to holding Zion for a good amount of time these next 2 weeks.
Hair is half done....yeah I would cry too!
I'm gearing to put my lovin' on for these babies and make sure that I give them a ton of kisses each day and that I hold each one every single day I have left here. As I've been reminded over and over again, I am Jesus' hands and feet to these kids. Here's to 2 more weeks!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment