Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Getting to Know You: Mercy

If only you could hear this in person!!!!
Mercy - you are the first baby I see every single morning. Today was a rare occasion in that you were still sleeping when I walked in to your room. Every other time though, you get the biggest smile on your face when you see me. I know that it's because you are seeing someone and not because it's me...although I tell myself you are just super excited it's your Auntie!

You have no teeth even though you are almost a year old! Girl, get with it. How are you going to be able to chew big girl food in just a few short months when they take you away from the comfort of your nursery and put you into Cottage B? However, I love the fact that you don't have teeth. Your smile is that much more infectious because of the lack!

You think I"m up to something? But why?!
Oh, and your laugh - don't even get me started. It is the cutest thing I think I have ever heard. It has a raspy quality to it that I equate with someone older than you.

You are the best imitator too. I've taught you well! Love the way you repeat sounds - even though you still haven't caught on to saying "Auntie", that's ok, I still have 2 months to get you there. You also watch my mouth very carefully and end up doing the same thing I just did. I have fun with that one. Hopefully you'll continue doing what I taught you long after I'm gone.

You are a stinker. When you see me trying to get one of your siblings to go after a toy, you come charging in trying to get it. Just because you can walk you think you own the nursery, huh? Well, you sort of do I guess. I held you for the longest time the other day, now whenever you see me you run to me...well, shimmy on the ground quickly :)

You are on the top 3 of my list of babies to bring back to America with me! I was going to sponsor you, but someone beat me to the punch in like 3 days. That was sad when I found out, but I'm super excited that a family will be able to watch you grow into a gorgeous woman!

I pray for your salvation. I know you love to talk and sing, so use those talents for God's glory as you grow older. I will miss snuggling you and having you hang on me trying to stand up all on your own. Be good for the mama's. Your daddy is going to be so surprised to see how well you are doing. 

This was her following me the other day when I left.
This was hard to get...she very much did not want to cooperate for the camera.

Auntie loves you Mercy!!!!! Please don't lose your joy - just make it complete with Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment